Portable Aluminum Gantry Crane: Made from lightweight extruded materials, the components of the adjustable height aluminum gantry crane are easily lifted by one person. This provides cost-effective shipment to a job site and allows for ease of use in a multitude of work areas.
Starting as light as 116 pounds, Aluminum Gantry Cranes are lightweight, portable, and extremely stable under load.
These All-Aluminum Gantries quickly assemble and disassemble, making them popular with contractors who need highly mobile lift equipment that they can take in their service trucks.
Just one or two workers can typically move a disassembled crane up stairways, onto roofs, or in other challenging locations. When on location, the gantry cranes are rapidly assembled, ready to lift, and able to position heavy objects precisely, such as bulky HVAC units.
Because they are corrosion-resistant, aluminum gantries are also ideal for refrigerated areas and other controlled environments, making them increasingly popular with HVAC contractors.
- 1 Aluminum gantry crane
- 2 Crane Design
- 3 Crane painting
- 4 Gantry crane safety
- 5 Gantry crane safety checklist
- 6 Adjustable gantry crane
- 7 Portable gantry crane
- 8 Mobile gantry crane
- 9 Gantry crane Design
- 10 Standard aluminum profiles
- 11 Standard aluminum extrusions
- 12 Aluminum gantry crane for sale
- 13 Portable Aluminum Gantry Crane
- 14 Gantry crane images
- 15 Gantry Crane Design
- 16 Harbor Freight Gantry Crane
Aluminum gantry crane
Features of aluminum Gantry cranes.
Crane Height Adjustments: Adjusting in 6-inch increments, height adjustment kits use spring-loaded steel locking pins that automatically engage when height positioning holes are reached; adjust heights for specific lifts, uneven floors, or to move through doorways
Adjustable Spans: Standard on aluminum cranes, adjustable spans are optional on steel cranes; adjustable spans allow the crane to be shortened for transport down narrow aisles
Heavy-Duty Casters: Four-position, swivel-lock casters with molded polyurethane wheels provide excellent floor protection
Cranes are designed in conformance with the following applicable standards.
- All welding performed during the manufacturing of cranes meets the following American Welding Society’s (AWS) standards.
- This certification means that not only are all welders AWS Certified, but all processes and procedures adhere to AWS CWF requirements.
- Examples of requirements include the annual calibration of all welding machines and Level 2 visual inspections on all load-bearing components.
Surface Preparation & Painting Procedures:
- Prior to painting, all crane components are deburred and descaled using power tools equipped with sanding discs and wire wheels.
- Components are then washed utilizing a high-pressure/high-temperature biodegradable degreaser solution.
- Parts are wiped clean and allowed to dry before the painting process.
- During painting, all components surfaces are coated with a quick drying, semi-gloss enamel, applied to a minimum dry film thickness of 2 to 3 mils.
- A finishing coat is applied with a hot, airless, electrostatic spray paint system.
- Painted components are cured at air temperature.
Gantry crane safety
Aluminum Gantry Crane:
- Inspect the entire system annually or more frequently.
- Inspection must be performed by a qualified person. Failure to do so may cause serious injury or death.
- This equipment, used as a crane, is not in any way designed for lifting, supporting, or transporting humans.
- Failure to follow specified load limitations can result in serious bodily injury or death.
- Inspect gantry for missing or broken parts before operating.
Ensure the rated capacity is clearly labeled on each side of the I-beam.
Gantry crane safety checklist
Aluminum Gantry Crane:
- Do not lift more than the rated capacity.
- Do not adjust the height or disassemble crane when gantry is under load.
- Do not load gantry on an incline.
- Do not push or pull gantry with a forklift or other vehicle.
- Do not allow the load to swing or roll against support members.
- Do not anchor legs to the floor.
- Do not lift gantry when fully assembled.
- Push the gantry, not the load.
- When moving gantry, keep the load as close to the floor as possible and position the load in the center of the I-beam.
- Be certain the load is directly beneath the beam before the load is lifted. Do not pull sideways on the crane.
- Ensure the load is not attached to the floor and remove any obstacles that impede lifting.
- Secure trolley and hoist in the center of the I-beam when adjusting the height.
- Adjustments and/or repairs should be made in an area where it will have the least interference with operation.
- To prevent the trolley from running off the I-beam, do not use without end stops bolted in place.
- Never stand under gantry when adjusting the height or disassembling crane.
- When moving the legs inward, the distance between the A-frames should never be less than the caster frame width and never less than half the total I-beam length.
Adjustable gantry crane
The Adjustable Height Aluminum Gantry Cranes combine lightweight and rigid construction into one unit.
- The all aluminum construction of this gantry crane makes it corrosion resistant and perfect for outdoor use.
- The lightweight I-beam allows height adjustment without the need for a hoist or fork truck.
- Features quick setup design. Included are two (2) straps, allowing transport of the gantry crane in one neat package.
- Facilitate easy mobility from one area to another with four (4) 8″ glass filled swivel casters with four-position locks on the 2,000 and 4,000 lb. capacity models, while utilizing phenolic casters on the 6,000 lb. capacity units.
- Height is adjustable in 6″ increments. Do not move units while loaded. Hoist and trolley can be ordered separately.
Portable gantry crane
The Fixed Height Aluminum Gantry Cranes are ideal for a variety of industries including maintenance and production. The aluminum design is easily manageable and can be simply assembled for immediate use.
Fixed height is perfect for working in a permanent or semi-permanent environment where the surrounding seldom changes. Casters provide a smooth way to transfer units when unloaded and if changing locations is needed.
Four (4) 8″ swivel casters with four position locks (2K-4K models have glass filled nylon casters, 6K models have phenolic casters. Strong construction allows for long-lasting strength through the harshest of environments.
The Adjustable Height Aluminum Gantry Crane with pneumatic casters are ideal for the manufacturing and maintenance facilities. The aluminum construction is lightweight, yet strong for long lasting durability through the harshest of environments.
The pneumatic casters allow the user to quietly move the crane from workstation to workstation and smoothly roll over rough surfaces, while not marring. The four-way locking pneumatic casters permit the user to place the crane in preferred transporting and stationary positions. Do not move units while loaded. The uniform capacity is 1,500 pounds.
Mobile gantry crane
The adjustable height ensures a single ergonomic lifting solution for low headroom areas and a wider lift range in other areas. A simple set up and break down allows the aluminum gantry cranes to be collapsed and stored when not in use. Made from lightweight aluminum, the components of the gantry crane are easily set up and assembled by two people. This allows the crane to be shipped easily to a job site and even carried up a ladder or staircase to a rooftop work area.
Gantry crane Design
Contrary to popular belief, aluminum gantry cranes are quite stable under load, and perfectly capable of lifting heavy loads and positioning them with precision and efficiency. These cranes are made from extruded high-strength aluminum alloy, making them extremely strong and resilient.
About lateral bracing and durability in regard to our aluminum gantries, it’s important to note that they’re designed for stable lift and movement.
That’s because all loads are lifted directly under the I-beam (no sideloading), and carefully designed following the standards set by the CMAA and OSHA.
Furthermore, each aluminum gantry crane receives an initial load test of 125 percent to ensure quality and safety—including lateral bracing.
Because of their portability and durability, aluminum gantry cranes are often used for HVAC applications.
HVAC applications require a portable overhead crane system that can be easily transported up stairways, onto roofs, and in other challenging locations.
Once the crane is positioned, it’s capable of lifting very heavy HVAC units, and it’s lightweight design allows one worker to move the crane under load quickly and easily.
Although they come with heavy-duty, four-position, swivel-lock casters with mold-on polyurethane wheels, they can also be fitted with pneumatic tires, which are perfect for soft roofs or fragile ground.
Standard aluminum profiles
A standard all-aluminum gantry crane can actually lift loads up to three tons. Their height adjusts in six-inch increments (up to 12 feet) using spring-loaded steel locking pins that automatically engage when height positioning holes are reached.
This is extremely useful for specific lifts, uneven floors, or facilities with many obstacles. These systems also provide span adjustability (up to 20 feet) for transport through narrow aisles or to increase coverage as needed.
Best of all, despite their heavy lifting and durability, these gantry cranes are extremely portable. In fact, a one-ton aluminum gantry crane can be as light as 116 pounds.
Compared to an all-steel model, most aluminum gantry cranes weigh less than half as much.
Standard aluminum extrusions
For example, a two-ton aluminum gantry crane with a 10-foot overall span weighs around 274 pounds, whereas a two-ton steel gantry crane with the same span can weigh as much as 700 pounds.
Aluminum gantry cranes are not only durable and lightweight, but they’re also quickly and easily assembled and disassembled, which makes them popular with contractors who need to carry their lift equipment in service trucks from one job to another.
Because aluminum is corrosion-resistant, they’re also ideal for refrigerated areas, clean rooms, and other controlled environments.
With a myriad of unique features, options, and accessories, aluminum gantry cranes are a great solution for cost-efficiency, heavy lifting, portability, and flexibility.
Aluminum gantry crane for sale
Below you will find our complete line of gantry cranes and accessories. All steel and aluminum portable gantry cranes are easy to assemble:
Portable Aluminum Gantry Crane
Aluminum Gantry Cranes are lightweight, portable, and extremely stable under load. These All-Aluminum Gantries quickly assemble and disassemble, making them popular with contractors who need highly mobile lift equipment that they can take in their service trucks.
A gantry crane is a type of overhead crane that is similar to a bridge crane, but instead of moving on suspended runways, the crane uses legs to support the bridge, trolley, and hoist. These legs travel on tires or on rails that are embedded in the floor or ground structure
Aluminum Gantry Cranes: Weigh as little as 116 pounds, making them ideal for fast crane relocation.
A true to type gantry crane consists of a single-girder (without brackets and one or two consoles), two metal poles and a moving hoist or trolley.
A-Frame gantries are a crane used for industrial lifting. It is a type of crane that is not fixed to the structure of a building in the way that overhead gantry cranes are.
A gantry crane is slightly different from a bridge crane. The general premise is the same, but the operation is different. Some gantry cranes ride along a track installed on the floor or use a V-groove caster to keep moving in a straight line. Gantry cranes are usually less expensive than an overhead bridge crane.
Gantry crane images
The most read
As a special series of lifting equipment, there are different types of gantry cranes. The classification of the gantry cranes can be listed according to several factors.
A gantry crane is a serious purchase. Not only are they expensive, but they are relied upon to lift seriously heavy objects. It is not worth it to try and save a few bucks on a crane of inferior quality.
Not only will they cost you more money in the long run by breaking down faster, but they will also cause frustration when they are not able to perform the task they were meant to. Lastly, they can be a serious danger if they are not able to properly hold the heavy item you are trying to lift.