Bridge Crane: hoists, maintenance, manual, parts and manufacturers of traveling cranes, industrial cranes, overhead crane, aerial crane.
A overhead crane is a mobile tool designed to transport cargo from one place to another, above the ground.
The displacement of the overhead cranes can be horizontal or vertical. The main function of overhead cranes is focused on the lifting and transfer of all heavy loads by means of a hoist.
…Nothing lasts forever, not even the best machines. And everything can be reused…Crane Operator
Overhead Crane Types
Also known as an aerial crane or bridge crane, it is a type of crane that is found in industrial environments. A overhead crane consists of parallel rails tracks with a mobile bridge that crosses the vacuum carrying a hoist or pulley to hoist loads.
Aerial cranes are common lifting equipment in daily operations. The two ends are placed on the columns or supports and the shape looks like a bridge. For this reason, they are also called overhead cranes.
The overhead crane “bridge” moves through the rails on both sides. You can take advantage of the space under the crane to lift and transport the materials. It is widely applied in various work occasions, including exterior and interior places such as warehouse, factory, workshop, dock, outdoor storage yard, etc.
A bridge crane is composed of one or several parallel rails located at high altitudes on the sides of the building with a metal bridge (beam) that covers the space between them.
If the bridge is rigidly supported by two or more legs that move on rails fixed at ground level, then it is called a gantry crane.
Semi gantry crane
It is the combination of the overhead crane and the gantry crane
Overhead crane parts name
Parts of the overhead crane:
- Bridge girder
- Runway Way
- Runway beam
- Trolley frame
- End truck
- Chain Hoist
- Hook block
- Radio control
- Pendant festoon
Overhead Crane Parts
The structural part of the crane formed by steel beams generally used A-36 steel (ASTM structural steel standard), made from plates, is the largest and heaviest element in the crane. The bridge moves by means of rails along the nave in a direction perpendicular to the lanes.
A structure whose function is to support the bridge beams of the crane, and by which the displacement and guidance of the same are affected. Rail tracks can be designed by IPR profiles (structural beams), as dimensions are required.
It is the structure that supports and houses the components that form the lifting system for cranes equipped with an open winch or to support the hoist for cranes equipped with this type of component.
It can be built as a unit or in sections depending basically on its weight and dimensions. Its shape, dimensions, and weight are variable since they are designed and built according to the needs of each crane, which vary according to their load capacity and type of service.
Metallic structures whose function is to support and hold together the beams of the bridge of the crane, in addition to housing the driven and driven wheels of the bridge. The construction of the heads can be formed by a single unit to support the number of beams that have the bridge or in small and independent for each beam of the bridge.
It is the lifting device of the crane, it moves along with the bridge on which it is located; The hoist (winch), in turn, is housed on another rail that allows it to move to be located in positions between the two main rails. Pulleys, chains, clam bucket, winches, etc. work next to the device.
Overhead material handling
Manual and uses of the overhead crane:
- They are usually used in factories or industrial sheds, being limited to operate inside the warehouse or industrial shed where they are installed.
- The use of this type of crane is applied in the steel industry, to move finished products, such as coils, pipes, and beams, both for storage, and for loading to convenient transports.
- In the cement industry, to facilitate the manufacture of pipes, poles, beams, among other products of great weight and volume.
- In the automotive industry and heavy machinery, overhead cranes are used to handle raw materials; for the assembly of large parts, in road machines (loader, bulldozer, motor grader, trucks).
- Almost all paper mills use bridge cranes for regular maintenance that requires the removal of rollers and other heavy equipment.
Benefits of its use:
Overhead cranes use the most advanced technology to increase safety and productivity in operations.
- Capacity for the movement of large loads, for its construction.
- Greater mobility capacity
- Use of the surface
- The parts of an overhead crane are compact structures and have the resistance of the electric hoist with trolley.
- An overhead crane is an important tool and equipment for the mechanization and automation of the production process.
- It is also important in modern industrial production and the transport of cranes.
Overhead crane training
Precautions when maneuvering:
In your company or workshop, for your efficiency, convenience, and safety. The cranes or overhead cranes are extremely important to perform the lifting task. They are very useful and popular in most industries; such as construction, metallurgy, mining, oil, chemical industry, production process, transport, rail, storage, logistics, etc. For this reason, we want to offer you relevant safety information and standards for your Crane and Hoist.
- Each overhead crane must be affixed with a nominal weight tag in a visible place.
- During work, you can not transport people with a hook.
- An overhead crane must not be allowed to drive without a certificate of operation.
- The operation must be focused on the task to be performed, you should not chat, smoke or do anything irrelevant.
- The vehicle must be clean, equipment, tools, flammable materials, explosive materials, and dangerous products must not be placed indiscriminately.
- The crane does not allow overload.
- Welding or hammering on suspended objects is not permitted
- It is not allowed to work under the suspended load.
- When lifting heavy objects, liquid metal, explosives, and dangerous goods. It must be lifted off the ground at a speed of between 100 ~ 200 mm slowly and check the reliability of the brake.
- It is necessary to carry out safety technical inspections on a regular basis and perform work prior to the revision prior to the repair.
Overhead Crane Parts: components, parts, technical specifications, maintenance of traveling industrial cranes, aircraft, hoists, winches, etc.
Overhead Crane Safety: Overhead cranes are used in many industries to move heavy and oversized objects that other material handling methods cannot.
The most read
- Overhead Crane Cable
- Overhead Crane Lights
- Overhead Crane Types
- Overhead Crane Safety Training
- Overhead Crane Manufacturers
- Overhead Gantry Crane
- Single Girder Overhead Crane
- What is overhead crane?
- Overhead Crane Design
- Overhead Crane Parts
- Overhead Monorail Crane
- Overhead Crane Safety
- Overhead Crane Hoist